O God, whom neither time nor space can limit, hold, or bind...


...Gimme some of that stuff so I can get more crap done today.

Jesus, I have been doing paper crap and getting Patrick ready for high school for days on end now. And we got more boxes to unpack or relocate around the house, and there's books I want to read (like this one) and sections of techie books I want to play with (like this one) and some research I want to do for a creative project I'm not much talking about just yet and I'm going Roy Batty. I want more time, {expletive}!

I can find 10 minutes in the day to post here. What I can't find are the 30 to 400 minutes I need to put it down what I want the way I want to put it down. There's lots of things this brain can do, but whipping out a paragraph that doesn't make me cringe in self-loathing three days later is not one of them. The big shocker: I take my writing way too seriously. Oh well.

So whatever, you get random shit today, you annoying blog. I read an email this morning from a colleague on the building of the cathedral in Cologne, Germany. I like cathedral architecture; it's good. Perhaps because I saw a lot of English cathedrals in '89, it reminded me of my favorite book of '89, Michael Baxandall's Painting and Experience in 15th century Italy. Which I can see on the bookshelf from here, and I want to read it back into memory, but there's boxes in the carport. Grump.

Comments

SkylersDad said…
Whatever you do, don't just put shit in the basement to weed through later like we did. It sat there for years until I finally hauled it all out and threw it away.
Unknown said…
We got a little of that going on -- I'll call that pile of boxes the "consciously deferred" unpacking. Baseball cards, Halloween costumes, old computers that might have really important data, Christmas ornaments, etc. After a certain point, I'm sure, if it's not even worth investigating, out it goes. Such is the way of all acquired crap.
vikkitikkitavi said…
Wow, that's a lot of flying buttresses!

Have you ever seen the LA's newest? The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, natch. I'd be interested to hear what you think if you've seen it. A modern cathedral is an interesting problem.
GETkristiLOVE said…
So you are sacrificing quality for quantity, is that what you're saying?
Unknown said…
vtt: I've not seen it, but I'd sure like to see what's going on with that one. Something about the way they're put together keeps me roaming for them.

gkl: Well, trying to. I've been looking for some kind of minty gel that inhibits my high-mindedness. But you ask the stock clerk at Rite-Aid that, he just looks at you funny.